Our open programme is an intensive two-day programme which is begins late morning on Saturday and finishes mid afternoon on Sunday. It includes a full evening session after dinner.
The programme will focus on
· the characteristics of great speakers
· the differences between good, not so good and great speeches
· a broad range of ‘public speaking’ opportunities experienced in different contexts
· formal and impromptu speech making
· conventions in public speaking
· understanding the power of speeches and how to control, harness and use it
· knowing and engaging with your audience
· techniques to create an engaging and commanding voice
· techniques and timesaving strategies for preparing speeches of any type
· practice of a range of public speaking activities which reflect your own interests
This programme is intensive and busy, highly interactive and engaging. There is also opportunity for some light humour and social interaction to maintain rhythm and pace for the event. Using the full period available we are able to explore the effects of time and location on your ability to make an effective speech.
By the end of the programme you will have successfully delivered both prepared and impromptu speeches on a range of familiar and unfamiliar topics.
Overnight accommodation, breakfast, lunch, refreshments, materials and follow-up support included.
This programme is a full, fun, interactive and engaging day of activities designed to help you get to grips with the basic principles of public speaking. You will explore
· the do’s and don’ts of speech making
· different types of speeches used on formal and informal occasions including civic and social events
· the rules and conventions for different types of speeches
· how to prepare for planned and impromptu speeches
· techniques to engage your audience including vocal skills
· managing nerves
If you are looking for a broad introduction to public speaking which combines essential knowledge with lots of practical skills this very popular programme will build your confidence and help you prepare for that all important event at which you need to speak.
Refreshments, materials and follow up support included.